Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012 is a Wrap

It’s time to record progress on my Jane Stickle blocks.  These are the blocks completed in October.  I have now completed 92 of 169 center blocks and 23 border triangle blocks.  I was really pleased with the way most of these turned out.


We are experiencing an unusually warm fall.  Our area had a high of 88 degrees today which tied the record set sometime in the 1950s.  Our trees are losing their leaves, but our lawns have not gone dormant and still no frost.  I'm not crazy about cold weather, but a frost would help knock back some of the mosquitoes that still plague us.

This is the opening weekend of gun season for deer hunters.  Since I got past some of the commitments that slowed my quilting progress in October, I hope to have some time to sew for a few days while Bob and his hunting partner enjoy themselves. 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think you are smart to do some triangle blocks at the same time as the center blocks. I don't think it would be fun to just be doing them. I hope some of my batiks are making their way into your quilt.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such beautiful blocks Mary!
Congratulations on finishing so many of them!

Hope you get that sewing time while hubby is out hunting!

Hilachas said...

Gorgeous blocks, Mary. You accomplished so much on Dear Jane this month. i accomplished zilch, zero, nada but we're at the ranch for hunting season now and I will have time to sew in the coming weeks. You're going to have your Dear Jane in no time. WTG!