Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time for a New Project



I will be participating in another in-house retreat today and tomorrow at the local quilt store.  The shop owner provides a place for us to work and the evening meal and we get to go home and sleep in our own beds at night…perhaps the best of all possible worlds.  The retreat actually lasts three days, but I had to miss the first due to a conflict.
 
Because I don’t enjoy working on complicated projects like my Jane Stickle blocks in a retreat setting, I opted to cut into this batik kit that I purchased on sale several months ago.  I was drawn to the fabrics more than the pattern, but the price was just too good to resist.  It would make a nice gift and, hopefully, there will be some remnants for my Jane Stickle blocks as well. 
 
 

2 comments:

Hilachas said...

Sounds like a "fun" retreat. Can't wait to see what you sew up with your batik.

Angie said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics, and it does sound wonderful to be able to go stitch with friends for the day and come home to your own bed at night. :D Love your Christmas wallhanging in your previous post too. :)