Sunday, July 27, 2014

Handwork on Sunday


The preliminary stitching in the ditch continued yesterday on the Carol Doak quilt. I am using invisible polyester thread for this stage.  I wish it weren't so shiny, but it is less noticeable than any other choice I could have made.  This stage is monotonous enough that I am able to listen to a book I downloaded from the library.



I also attached the binding to the front of the split nine-patch quilt yesterday.  Today I’ll be doing handwork on it as my Slow Stitching Sunday project at Kathy’s Quilts.  Except for the backing, this quilt came entirely from my scrap stash.  The binding fabric was part of a scrap bag I won as a door price during the Hawaii quilting cruise.

11 comments:

Jo said...

I'm having a scrap year too. Well done

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today :)

Impera Magna said...

I've never thought about listening to a book while sewing/quilting.... *ah ha moment*

Enjoy your sewing today!




Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I usually watch TV while sewing or quilting ... but usually only something that I've seen before so I don't have to pay close attention. Not sure that I could do a book on tape, although I think I'll give it a try. Enjoy your slow Sunday stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great use of scraps in the quilt...even the binding!
Enjoy your slow stitching!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I like to listen to podcasts when I am working in the sewing room. I tried watching a Netflix tv series last week but find I don't pay attention very well. Isn't it wonderful to get to the binding part, almost done.

Debbie said...

Hate sewing with that invisible poly thread.....it stretches and I can't see what I am doing. Understand why you use it, just not my favorite. Great idea about listening to a book.

Deb A said...

Love the scrappy quilt! Great job. I usually listen to the radio while I piece and quilt. Never thought of a book.

CathieJ said...

I am looking forward to seeing those finished quilts. Wow, a whole quilt from stash. I don't think I have enough for that, but I might.

newsurfiegirl said...

Enjoy your stitching. It will be nice to see it finished.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like to listen to a podcast while I sew. Sometimes, I do binding in the car when my husband is driving. Beautiful scrap quilt!