Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fun Outing

“Out in Lukenbach, Texas, there ain’t nobody feelin’ no pain,” so the country-western lyrics go.  There really is a Lukenbach, Texas.  It’s only about an hour’s drive from here, but until yesterday, neither Bob nor I had ever been there.  I fell in love with the old oak tree in front of what used to be a Post Office until 1971.

If you blink, you’ll miss the turn off to it.  Signs for sale in the souvenir store say the population is 3 and they may not be exaggerating.  

It was a fun jaunt for us and Bob was nice enough to let me spend some time (and money) in a quilt shop along the route.  Here is my loot.


The large green cut is for a backing to the Jill Finley quilt I’ve been working on.  The rest are just fabrics that made me feel happy.


It was overcast all day and when we got home around 3:00 or so, I had to take a picture of the outside thermometer.  Mid-seventies in a Central Texas July afternoon are extremely rare, and appreciated.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun day! I am loving these few cooler days in July too.

O'Quilts said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!