Saturday, August 16, 2014

Progress


I finished the applique handwork and added the final borders on the Jill Finley quilt.  It is now a flimsy hanging in the closet and waiting its turn for quilting.

Cutting continues on the sashings for the Jane Stickle quilt and I will probably start stitching them next week.  I’m not sure why I've dragged me feet on this unless it’s because I’m nervous to see what the blocks will look like together.



We will be celebrating a grandson’s belated birthday Sunday.  I spent the morning making chocolate chip cookies.  I have it on good authority that he doesn't like chocolate chip cookies, he loves them.  It has been a long time since I baked cookies and the house smells wonderful.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

The Jill flimsey is so wonderful. I love the mix of piecing and applique. And you have loves of open space for quilting!
The Jane gets her turn next I am sure.....it will be wonderful!
And I am sure he will love those cookies...hum!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have been thinking about chocolate chip cookies since Wed. I may have to go bake some now!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty quilt! I think your DJ will go just fine, hang in there! Cookies---yum

Frog Quilter said...

The colors and mix of piecing and appliqué are BEAUTIFUL. Really lovely. There is a Jane quilt in my future...

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love that quilt and cannot wait to see how you quilt it!