Saturday, September 13, 2014

Just Stuff...

I've started work on this month’s anti-ouch pouches that I committed to make.  They need to be finished by our meeting Wednesday.  

There is a sewing tool I don’t enjoy but must use more often than I like.  It’s the dreaded seam ripper, and as often as I use it, it always seems to land in a place that makes it hard to find.  Maybe this new one will be easier to spot.  I like the fact that it has a flat handle that makes it less likely to roll off the table.

We woke up to 58 degrees today.  Even better, we've had .56 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.  That’s great news on both fronts.  We were having highs in the upper 90s earlier this week.

The maiden voyage of Bob’s radio controlled boat in the pond near our house was a success.  I understand that a radio controlled helicopter is due for shipment next week and he’s been looking longingly at RC tanks.  I better use my cutting table while I can.

I captured this moon rise the same night Bob launched his boat.



5 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I use my seam ripper a little more often than I care to admit. Mine is a wooden one and I love it...well, I don't love it, but I love it better than a plastic one! Beautiful moon pic!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the seam rippers that don't roll too.

I'm glad to hear you got some rain.

Debbie said...

Yep, I need a bigger seam ripper....will look for that one because of the grip. Love the photo of the moon rise. The boat looks so good motoring along.....a copter and a tank, huh, is he building an army/navy there in Texas? lol. Cooler temps sound wonderful!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Seam rippers. Ugh! A dreaded necessity. I only have one that rolls, but it's big enough that it doesn't usually go missing for too long. ;-)

AnnieO said...

My seam ripper gets a lot of use too! I like that bright one. A sharp tool is a good thing :). Nice moon shot!