Monday, November 24, 2014

Jane Stickle Quilt is a Flimsy at Last!


I added the final triangle border to my Jane Stickle quilt yesterday while watching/listening to Bonnie Hunter’s Quilt-Cam.  Even though the daunting task of quilting still lies ahead, it feels like a huge weight has finally been lifted from my shoulders.

Speaking of a huge weight, this flimsy has lots of seams and thread and is very heavy.  I did not want to try to mount it on my design wall without help, so I spread it on our guest bed for this picture.


8 comments:

Doniene said...

Oh Mary, it is absolutely beautiful!!! What a fabulous job!!

I love you past two post projects, too - your hand work is just lovely!

Blessings!

Debbie said...

Superb!!!! It is just beautiful....and fits the bed well. I love it and know what you mean about the relief of finally getting to this stage. We have all been cheering you on.
Quilt-cam.....I watching too and working on some scrap blocks!
Congrats, girl....and a big pat on the back.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is just beautiful! I don't think I have seen one done in colorful batiks before. I hope some of the scraps I gave you made their way into the quilt.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh wow, that's fabulous! And so fast, too! Well done!

Quilting Babcia said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't even know how to begin quilting this, with all those seams. It's going to be a glorious finish.

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous and jewel-like! Congrats on all your hard work!

Hilachas said...

Oh, Mary! It's lovely. It's so exciting to see your quilt top. Wow! I can hardly wait to see how you decide to quilt it. What kind of batting will you use since it's already so heavy. I'm so excited for you :)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations - your quilt top is gorgeous! What an amazing accomplishment! Your fabrics make this such a beautiful and unique Jane quilt.