Sunday, March 29, 2015

Back from the Ranch

We spent the weekend at the ranch, an outing we delayed for much too long due to a number of circumstances out of our control.  The weather was perfect.


As soon as the minimum number of absolutely required housekeeping chores was out of the way, I set up my Featherweight and went to work on Anti-Ouch Pouches. This was the first opportunity I've had to set up a machine at the ranch since the waterline break and rebuild that took up all of 2014.


A friend had ordered an LED light bulb for my machine and I am delighted with it.  It is definitely brighter and cooler than the traditional bulbs.  I do hope it is as long-lived as the manufacturer claims.

Saturday I drive into Llano town for that quilt club’s very first show.  They did a fabulous job and I kept running into friends, many of whom I had not seen in over a year.  Each visitor was gifted with a goody bag that contained information about the show and area attractions.  

A local quit shop was offering $10 off coupons and I, of course, could not pass up the opportunity to check it out.  I left with some fabric for backing and a new pair of machine quilting gloves.


The Bluebonnets are not yet at their peak, but I had to take a picture, anyway, so I opted for a closeup.  Maybe in a few weeks the pastures will be dense with flowers and I can get a better picture.  

These calves were very interested in what I was doing.  Sorry, kids, no treats.



Here are the 11 anti-ouch pouches I finished for the month.  Now I am free to play with other projects.

3 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Fun quilting times and the Bluebonnets....so lovely..

barbara woods said...

love your bluebonnet shot

Debbie said...

An LED bulb for the featherweight.....I need to check that out. I love that backing fabric. Your visit to the ranch loves peaceful and refreshing.....the bluebonnets are always welcome sight.