Monday, May 18, 2015

Lost Pin Found and Finally Some Good Rain


I was able to locate and remove the pin that had found its way into the doggie bed (see previous post).  While I was at it, I tried to run my hand through as much of it as possible to see if there were any more; thankfully, I didn’t find any.  It's definitely ready to deliver to Quilt Club Wednesday.


I began cutting my scraps into usable strips.  I was able to empty some old boxes to get me started.  Depending on how many strips I end up with, I’ll probably subdivide by neutrals and colors, or maybe batiks vs. non-batiks.  It’ll take a while for these to fill up, though.  Not that I don’t have the scraps, it’s just slow work to press and trim.  At least I've started.


The "El Nino" weather system has finally given us some significant rain here in Central Texas.  It’s been a long time since the pond near our house was so full, it overflowed.  They even had to close several low water crossings Sunday.  It's wonderful to see the streams flowing again.  If we could get some more rain while the ground is this saturated, we would get some good run-off for the lakes.


Finally, my husband is a happy camper.  We are trading in our old electric golf cart (the one on the right) for a new gas one.  The old cart was a refurbished one purchased nine years ago.  It served us well, and had been repaired many times.  However, it was becoming increasingly unreliable and requiring more and more maintenance so we knew the time had come.

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I keep thinking I ought to cut my leftover fabrics into strips but then I worry ... what if I need it in a bigger piece?

I'm so glad that you all are getting some much needed rain.

Debbie said...

Glad to hear about the rain! It was 90 degrees here yesterday...already! Keep cutting and you will get those bins filled.

AnnieO said...

Glad you found that pin! I try to keep up with scrap management but sometimes it gets to overflowing. I'm going to make some quilt as you go placemats with my strips. Your new cart looks nice. Wish we had a good rain--the storm last week was merely a spit on the dirt.