Thursday, August 27, 2015

Getting Ready

Several months ago I joined a newly organized group of quilters who like to applique.  We are not an official quilt club bee, but we did select the name JABs when we made a quilt to be donated to the club’s library book project.  The name is open to several interpretations.


The rules for hosting are simple:  something to drink and only snacks that can be purchased pre-made at the grocery store.  This is my first time to host, and yes, despite the relaxed duties, I’m a wee bit antsy about it.

I did a little tidying up in the sewing room, because, of course, that’s the first space quilters want to see when they visit another quilter’s house.  I left my projects and ironing board out on purpose; this is a working space, after all.



I am not a fan of reptiles of any sort, but these little lizards are pretty.  I saw this one last night when I went out to dispatch a wasp nest I had spotted.  I know wasps are good critters, but my husband is extremely allergic to their sting and I try to keep them thinned out when their nests are located at a place he might encounter.


2 comments:

barbara woods said...

every thing will go great, hugs

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It'll be fine. And fun! I too am allergic to wasp stings, so it's hard for me to think of wasps as being good critters. Ha!