Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Of Triangle Squares, Rain and Kittens

I had to skip sewing with friends Tuesday due to a kitten event.  Whose heart wouldn’t melt looking at this sweet face? 


Monday morning my dogs alerted to this little fellow and at least one other sibling hiding under bushes in our flower bed.  I was afraid they had either lost their mother or had been abandoned.  My fear increased even more when Tuesday morning I entered the garage to load up my sewing supplies and discovered two of them had spent the night there.  After calls to Animal Control for a live trap, trips to the store for litter and kitten chow and repeated glimpses of them scurrying behind the water heater I was afraid I was in the kitten business.

Fortunately for all concerned, Mama Cat showed up shortly after dark and the two youngsters dashed out of the garage as soon as I raised the door.  The little family was reunited and I was most relieved. 

Maybe I can join the group for sewing on Friday.  I really miss it when a week goes by and I don’t get to join my friends.


My stack of paper pieced triangle squares keeps on growing.  I will need to make 48 six-inch blocks from these, so I have a lot more to do. 


We continue to have periodic rain events, and so far no serious flooding in our immediate area.  Since I last posted, we have received .75 inches in town and .95 at the ranch.  Yay!

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I guess you're no longer under drought conditions? I'm glad to hear that mama and her babies were reunited. Hopefully you'll get to sew with your friends on Friday.

AnnieO said...

Adorable kittens! But glad mama showed up for them. Sewing with friends is the best! Rain dancing is pretty great too :)

Debbie said...

You are so kind hearted.....but very glad the mama cat appeared. That stack of pieced work is getting big!