Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A "No" Kind of Day

Hubby is going to the ranch today.  So, since I have the house to myself and no other pressing commitments, I have declared it a no driving, no spending and no wearing makeup kind of day.  


Instead, I will plug into my current audio book and continue working on emptying and organizing scrap bags.  It seems, every time I take a workshop, I come home with both a UFO and another container of scraps.  The scraps have reached critical mass and I am running out of project containers.  You can see Maddie is totally untroubled by my dilemma.


 I’m using my die cutter to create usable strips in widths of 1, 1 ½ and 2 inches.  I chose these widths because my bow tie blocks require 1 and 1 ½ inch squares.  What I don't sub-cut will be stored and ready for future projects.  I’m hoping that by the time hubby returns tomorrow, I will have made considerable progress.



Most wildflowers have now faded here, but the cacti are still in bloom.  



Also, the extra moisture we have received this year has kept the landscaping around the golf course in bloom.


Tomorrow and Friday will be very busy days with a doctor’s appointment and four other gatherings I want to be a part of; so I better take maximum advantage of my time today.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

sounds like a good day just for you. Enjoy!

Doreen said...

Sounds excellent!!!!!!