Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Plan B and More

My plan Tuesday was to work on these applique blocks while sewing with friends.  In my haste, however, I did not get there with everything I needed.  



So, onto Plan B, my hexagon project which I had tossed in my bag almost as an afterthought.  I ended up making lots of neutral hexagons while we chatted and generally had a good time



Since I last posted about this project, I’ve added a second rosette and a diamond unit.   




I've finished cutting from scraps in my stash for swapping with a friend.  This stack fills a half gallon bag.  I'm really looking forward to seeing her next Wednesday when we will make the exchange.



Today, a squishy package arrived in the mail from Wanda at Exuberant Color.  I had contacted her to see if I could purchase of some of her batik remnants.  As she was already cutting for some kits and projects anyway, she kindly agreed.  Oh, they are so lovely I may not be able to cut them for a while.




Finally, my new earphones have arrived (after having to return a defective set) and I am able to hear the dialogue while watching Netflix movies, even when hubby is really into a football game or has the entertainment system cranked up in the next room.  I am a happy camper!


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your hexie units look great. But the scraps from Wanda---so neat and such a treat to play with.

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely hexies and your appliqué is gorgeous.

O'Quilts said...

Very nice projects...You are quilting busy...