Friday, April 21, 2017

Whew!

Life has not been quilter-friendly for the last couple of weeks.  There have been company and deadlines and commitments to meet.  



So, the blog has been silent and the only progress I can report is that I barely managed to complete five anti-ouch pouches to hand in at Guild meeting Wednesday plus four more rosettes for my Edyta Sitar project.



Our company left Tuesday and arrived safely at home in Wisconsin yesterday.  Here is the lovely flower they gave me. 



It certainly was neither necessary nor expected, but I do love it. 



They also insisted on buying this rock planter when I picked it up at an excursion to the Wildseed Farm in Fredericksburg.  I’m into succulents this year and had been wanting one of these planters for a long time.  There was a lot of good natured teasing about me wanting a rock with a hole in it.


I’m looking forward to some time at the sewing machine this coming week.  Some mindless stitching is in order!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your rock planter! I would probably teased about the same thing.I have a free calendar for next week with no appts. or such on the schedule. Looking forward to piecing a lot!

Frog Quilter said...

Any sewing is better than no sewing! Cute rosettes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to get presents! now with company gone you will get back on track and get busy sewing - soon it will be too hot to do outside work

AnnieO said...

Hey, sewing did happen, so that's a win win. How lovely to have friends who are generous and observant!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen a rock planter like that before. Both plants are pretty.