Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Building a Village







Last week I had the joy of attending a workshop led by Flavin Glover from Auburn, Alabama.  We learned her technique of creating houses based on log cabin blocks.  At the end of the workshop she had us bring all our blocks to the front so we could see the village we had created.



I am continuing to build my wall quilt using a fabric line that looks like aged muslin.


Sew 30 minutes a day - Challenge


So far I’m keeping up with Annie’s Sew30SewFUN challenge, and it’s paying off.  I feel like I’m hitting a rhythm again and really enjoying the process.  The new project and more relaxed pace of life the last two weeks has helped too.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember Flavin Glover's quilt from the 1980s and was always intrigued with what she did with the log cabin block. I'm glad to hear she is still teaching.

Debbie said...

Your houses look great! We have had her speak at our guild and I remember her work from the 90s. Love log cabins as they are so classic.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks really interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that

Doreen said...

Oh my!!! I really love those log cabin buildings!!!! As I have a "challenge" (using the log cabin block) due next year, I will seriously have to look into this one. The results have a European feel to them (to me) and they're so appealing. Looking forward to seeing the progression of this one!

O'Quilts said...

I wish I could go to a workshop...any work shop...love what you are doing.