Thursday, July 20, 2017

One Stitch at a Time



This was the scene last night as I tuned into Bonnie Hunter’s Quilt-Cam



And, this is the current state of that project.  It doesn't look a lot different from my last post, but I believe all the rosettes are done and it will be time to start joining them to the center after I complete this outer row of neutrals.



My basket of bow tie units now has enough in it to finish making the 20 center blocks I have planned.  My version of this pattern will be smaller than the original which was published in Quilters Newsletter in 2000.  It had 42 center blocks.  If I’ve calculated correctly, I need to make 216 additional units in dark fabrics for a border.  Time to start cutting up more scraps.



I only finished five anti-ouch pouches this month, but I did respond to the coordinator’s plea for more fabric by filling a large shopping bag with yardage from my stash. 


Today I am especially grateful for air conditioning.  One of our two units went out for 24 hours…not good news in July in Central Texas. Thankfully, the second, smaller unit, did not fail and we were able to schedule a repairman who got everything up and running.  

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thank goodness for A/C - we don't know how lucky we are at times until we loose it!!
pretty quilts!

Debbie said...

AC is vital to our well being!!! Glad it is back up for you. Ours has been going full blast today with 100 + temps. Missed Quilt Cam last night but caught up today on her blog. I started cutting some large squares for Scrappy Mtns. Wow, you have been dedicated on the bow ties and the hexies are so pretty.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We need the A/C all over the US right now. This is TX heat and humidity up here in IL for a few days. I hope my units survive the summer.

Frog Quilter said...

It so hot in SC... I'm in the NC mountains where it's cool and lovely. Your projects are moving along.