Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hot Weather Equals Quilting Weather

It would be an exaggeration to say we’ve been sheltering in place the last few weeks, but it has certainly been hot enough for us to limit activities during the hottest part of the day.  I’ve been using the time to push forward on my ongoing projects.



I’ve started playing around with the layout of the second row of rosettes in my Handful of Scraps quilt. 



I’ll need many more neutral hexagons and that has been my focus in the evenings while Bob watches dance, Alaska and Ninja Warrior programs on television.



I’ve also been working on bow tie units and blocks.  The units in the container are made with darker fabrics and will be used in the border.  I estimate I’ve made about half of what I need for the border.

I’m very grateful to my quilting buddies who have generously saved scraps for me.  I find a new pile almost every Tuesday when I join the group.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilt is looking wonderful! I too have been working up more neutrals - I think I have enough now to start a new row for the top of the quilt - hasn't been as hot here - we have been having an unusually mild summer really - I was outside most of the morning enjoying temps in the 70's before finally close to 2 in the afternoon it moved on into the 80's - and this is August normally 90's and dry - rain all week predicted now - have barely had to water the garden and still producing tomatoes - normally I give up the garden by the end of July

Frog Quilter said...

Great progress. Love it when scraps are given. Keep quilting!

AnnieO said...

Handcrafts are great for times going outdoors is horrible! It's been hot and sticky here so I've been trying to do cooler sewing room tasks. The hexagons look great.