Sunday, August 20, 2017

There and Back Again


The last two weeks were spent on an extended road trip from Central Texas to Monterey, California.  We had not planned on a long trip this year, but the stars aligned in such a way that it was meant to happen.  Hubby was suffering from a major case of cabin fever after rehabbing from knee surgery that included some setbacks.  The second week in August was coming up and in our area, that means lots of noise and traffic congestion for the annual motor boat races.  And a relative had taken a tumble resulting in a broken leg and we wanted to see her (it had been 12 years).  So, off we went.



Needless to say, no sewing machine work happened, but I did invest quite a bit of time working on my Edyta Sitar project.  The second row of rosettes is now anchored to the center.  I will need A LOT more neutral hexies, but I’m ready to start placing the outer row of rosettes.  I love it when I can begin to see real progress on a project.

Other than the pounds I gained largely due to this and other indulgencies…..



This is the only souvenir to come home with me.  I'll look pretty classy while walking the doggies in my pink Pebble Beach hat!





Monterey has some fabulous scenery.  



I think you could make just about anything grow there if you stick it in the dirt and give it some water.  These were in a planter by the parking lot and I love the way the fresh colors play together.



This will be a very busy week on the home front.  Not only will we be in recovery mode from the trip, but I will be prepping for our Guild’s annual retreat next week.  

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a very pretty place to take a road trip to. Lots of hexie work done as well - you are catching up to me - :) all the neutrals I find tiring!

AnnieO said...

Central California coast is a gorgeous place to visit! Your Hexie project is steadily coming along. Great work!

Frog Quilter said...

Great post. Your hexie project is beautiful and progressing along. Don't worry about the few pounds, you can walk them off in no time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sometimes it is good to do an unexpected trip. I bet the relative was happy to see you to have some diversion while her leg heals. It is a good thing you had a hand sewing project you could take along on short notice.

Debbie said...

Time away is good to provide a change for those of us with cabin fever. So glad hubby is improving and things are better. I think the new scenery was a good thing:)