Monday, September 25, 2017

Journal Cover



I received a fat quarter at a Guild meeting and was asked to create something with it that could be used in our quilt show boutique next February.  The fabric was so pretty I really didn’t want to cut it up.  I procrastinated several months because I could not decide what to do.  When the show chairman said they already had enough potholders, mug rugs, tissue holders and pin cushions, I decided I better get busy and make a decision before I ran out of options.   So, I decided to use Wanda's tutorial and make a journal cover.



A fat quarter is not wide enough to make the inside flaps as big as I wanted, so I had to piece it.  Fortunately, I was able to place the seam were the fabric turns on the back flap and it isn’t all that noticeable.  I like it, and if no one else buys it, I will.


1 comment:

Frog Quilter said...

Love it, so bright and cheerful. I'd buy it too.