Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Little of This and That


Fifteen more anti-ouch pouches will be going with me to Guild meeting today. 


Although I failed to meet my goal of finishing the quilting on this project, I have made a good deal of progress and the end is finally in sight.



I used up my spool of bobbin thread and had to place a quick order for a replacement.  While I was at it, I also ordered a few more bobbins for my Handi Quilter.  The ones that came with it in 2008 did not have the hole to feed thread through while winding the bobbin, I’m hoping these will be easier to wind.



My project while sewing with my Tuesday friends was my hexagon quilt.  It continues to grow at a very slow pace, but it is growing, and I’m really enjoying it.

I couldn’t resist including these non-quilting related pictures. 



Butterflies have always fascinated me.  This one was not a cooperative model, but I finally managed to catch a shot when its wings were open.




And while walking earlier this week, I looked down and spotted this bluebonnet plant growing among the weeds.  If we continue to get a little rain through the next few months, we should have some pretty blooms around mid-April.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Yea for continued progress on the different projects. That is what counts as I think my running the race days are gone:) But I see you have gone thru bobbins and that is a good sign. I am presently using pre-wound bobbins from Superior Threads on my Tiara. What a life saver for me, so if you ever need some, I recommend them. Beautiful butterfly....good inspiration:)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have really have to get back to my hexies as well, one more narrow border to finish then I can stand back and look at it and decide what if anything is next. Have you decide the size your quilt will finish?
Have never used a pre-wound bobbin but then I have always used the same thread in the top as the bottom.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is so nice to see a butterfly again. We are past the season for seeing them now until next summer.