Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Little Maintenance Required


I had hoped to be posting a finished picture of this project by now, but sadly, my HQ which is normally a rock-solid workhorse started getting very quirky over the weekend.  I finally gave up and took her in for an appointment this morning with the dealer who sold her to me in 2008.  I was told she had a timing issue and of course she got a good cleaning too.  While she was there, I had an open toe foot installed.  Now I will be able to switch back forth between a ruler foot and one that gives me improved visibility.  Maybe we are ready to roll and get this UFO finished.  



My current handwork project continues to grow.  It even has a corner!  I pushed so hard on it last week, though, that my right hand is feeling a little achy.  So, I’ve forced myself to give it a rest for a few days.  I recently had another birthday and my body is sending increasingly clear messages that I need to pay attention to these warning signs.




We’ve had a string of warm days…highs in the low 80s…and I captured this picture of a very uncooperative model earlier this week.  It appears, however, that this morning’s cold front has finally brought winter to Central Texas.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Are you going to go any further with your hexies or just square of as the corner is now? We went from near 70 all week to 46 today and chilly breeze - tonight under 30? we will see. Yes we need to pay attention to aches and pains and not push it too much but yet we need to stay active

Debbie said...

The tumbleweed looks good...know you will glad to get the quilting done. Glad the HQ is getting some clean up. Unfortunately it usually happens just when you are ready for it to work instead of down time.
You are approaching the end with the hexies, and it also looks beautiful.
As for aches and pains, we must do the needed maintenance on ourselves as well. The decades and years have taken a toll on our hands and knees. Happy belated Birthday to you!