Just for the fun it, I took this failed Jane Stickle block and made a pincushion. I had accidentally trimmed it down before adding the applique and did not want to risk adding it only to have it distort, shrink, or fray in the process. Fortunately it was an easy block and I had plenty of fabric to both finish this little project and redo the block. I’m thinking of using it as a thank you gift to a quilting friend.
I've also started making split nine patch blocks which are Bonnie Hunter’s 2013 leader ender challenge. I had not planned on doing this, but sometimes I just need something to work on that is relaxing. Jane Stickle blocks do not qualify as relaxing!