I finished stitching sashings to the last five rows of my Jane Stickle quilt last night. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless. Here they are with the eight rows that have already been joined.
Work on the ranch house rebuild is nearing completion and we spent yesterday unloading boxes that the ServiceMaster crew had packed in April. I honestly thought that over the years we had discarded most of the stuff we no longer need or can use. But, as the boxes were opened, I discovered how wrong I was. Much of what they contained originated with my parents including some 1934 nursing textbooks that had been squirreled away on shelving we no longer have.
I was emotionally and physically drained by the time we returned to town yesterday, but we really got a lot accomplished. We pressed as hard as we could since the construction guys are scheduled to haul trash away this week. The house is a mess as the crews are still at work, and mice have taken advantage of open doors and windows to move back in. Appliances and furniture are back in place, though, and it will be habitable by the time hunting season arrives. That makes my husband very happy.