Monday, February 20, 2017

Taming the Scraps



The saga of the 16-pound bag of scraps continues.  



This is what it looks like now that I’ve culled through and pressed its contents.   Some was too small even for me to deal with.  Some, I suspected was not 100 percent cotton.  The friend who gave the scraps to me uses high-quality fabric for her quilts, but she also does a lot of sewing for grandchildren’s costumes, etc.  Now I will have to decide how do slice and dice it up as well as putting it into organized storage.




We’ve already had several days with highs in the 80s.  Everything is budding and leafing and the mountain laurel is in bloom.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, that was a work out on fabric! I hate figuring out how to sort it all.....if I cut strips, I will need squares. If I do squares I will end up making them into strips. If you find a fool proof method let me know :)
do you think we will even have much spring? I fear we may go right to summer next month. Trees are in bloom, even noticed the maples are almost ready to pop.

Kathy S. said...

16 pounds of scraps! What fun!!!