Last weekend we made a quick trip to the ranch and I was able to put Plaid Obsession on the frame. I used a simple edge to edge design and it went quickly. Since taking it off the frame I’ve done some additional stitching in the ditch along the outer borders. The change is subtle, and I don’t think it could seen in a photograph. I like the way it adds definition to the borders and I’ve thought about doing it along all the sashings. I doubt that I will, however. I think I’m going to add the label binding and consider it finished.
I also decided to put together four blocks for my Jacob’s Ladder QAL project. This is the block placement from a quilt design by Charlotte Angotti that I'm considering. I'll have a better feel for whether I really like it after I have more blocks ready to go up on my design wall.