My collection of split nine patch blocks grew to more than 100 so I started playing with layouts in earnest. There were several that intrigued me, but this is the one that kept calling to me. I’ve seen several versions of it online recently including the one Bonnie Hunter did as her leader/ender challenge project. The first five rows on the left have already been stitched together, so the two halves don’t match up. It's very easy to accidentally turn these blocks the wrong way when transferring them from the design wall to the machine, and I've already had to do some unsewing. Fortunately, it was on an outside block and not too much of a hassle.
There are so many neat layouts that can be created with triangle squares that it’s a temptation to keep making these, but then I'd have to cut out more 2 1/2 inch squares.
I've been listening to the audio book version of The Hobbit while working on this project. It's an 11 hour MP3 disk I borrowed from the library and I nearing the end. I just didn't want to wait for the final movie to be released to find out how the story ends.