Thursday, September 18, 2014

Progress and an Oops

It was a long day, but the Quilt Club workshop dedicated to making anti-ouch pouches yesterday was productive.  We had kits for 100 pouches and many were complete and all were in some stage of production by the time we had to vacate our work area at the church.  I enjoyed the opportunity to sew on my sweet Featherweight.
 
I was asked about anti-ouch pouches.  These pouches are distributed to patients who are undergoing breast surgery.  They hang from the shoulder and cushion the surgery site.  In addition, some patients use them to cushion car seat belts or even sleep with them.  Every month we receive thank you notes from recipients.  It’s very gratifying to know we are making a positive impact.  Follow this link to the American Sewing Guild site to learn more and get the free pattern.
 
Uh, oh.  I knew I was too tired to do handwork last night.  Looks like some un-sewing is in order.

In happier news, stage one of sashing my Jane Stickle blocks is complete.  Next I have to trim down the end blocks, add left side sashing to the first block on each row, and add another sashing strip to the top and bottom rows.  Then I get to actually put rows together.  Yah!


1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yay for progress on your DJ. Boo for having to unsew.