Monday, June 18, 2018

Turtles, Ouch Pouches and Hexies

Much time this weekend was spent prepping the fabric Debbie sent so that it would be ready for basting onto hexagon papers.  There really are some beauties here and I’m looking forward to using them.




I also worked on finishing up some anti-ouch pouches and pulling fabric for a new red and white project that I may take on retreat later this summer. Can you have enough red and white?  I’ve certainly been working with that combination this year.

Finally, when I went to check out why my dogs were so excited one day last week, this is what I saw.  



Fortunately, he was on the other side of the fence and totally unimpressed by all the ruckus.  This guy was really big and after checking on-line, I think he was a soft shell turtle.  Most turtles we see are  box turtles, but we have these and snapping turtles too.

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I love red and white quilt too. A classic for sure.

Interesting turtle...

Debbie said...

Oh, such fun with your hexies! I am excited to see some worked in your design. Another red and white? Ok, now I am curious and can't wait to see what is up.
I gave in and ordered template and papers from Missouri Star to make the string spider web.....so soon I can have a pet project going.