Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Clearing the Design Wall


 Saturday, we returned from a three-plus week trip that took us from Central Texas to Upper Peninsula, Michigan, and then to Wisconsin to see family.  It was a great trip, but I’m still in that recovery stage I always go through after travel. 

The scenery was spectacular with the beginnings of fall color, a view of Lake Superior from our cabin and many excursions to points of interest.





A high point for me was a quick stop during our drive home where I got to spend a little time visiting with Wanda of Exuberant Color.  We chattered on for the entire time with visits to her sewing studios and a bed turning.  The time passed so quickly the camera never came out of its case.  This has been the second opportunity I’ve had to stop by and see her.  She is an absolute delight.  The time we had together was not nearly long enough, but she was trying to meet a deadline and we needed to push on for another two hours in the car.

I’m starting an online colorwash class this week that Wanda is offering.  So, one of the first things I’ve done in the quilting cave was to clear off the design wall.  Before doing so, I added the hexagons I made on the trip to the ones already up on it.



Then I quickly put up my other red and white blocks.  So far, I’m not feeling the love for them as a group.  Hopefully, I’ll like it better as it progresses.  Some of these blocks may not make the final cut.



Right now, my quilting focus is organizing fabric for the colorwash class.  I will ultimately use stacking aluminum cookie sheets, but these paper plates should serve to keep me moving forward until they arrive.  It seems my local store doesn't have them in stock.




2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I do believe you saw some of the places we saw - I would have loved to meet up with Wanda as I am a fan too but hubby never wants to arrange time to do things like that. I love your hexies! I have ideas for another hexie quilt also

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm happy to see you make it home safely and I'm so happy you made time to stop and see me. I like your red blocks and especially that there is such a variety of reds.