Monday, May 10, 2021

It Was A Very Happy Mother's Day


Mother’s Day was particularly special this year.  Not only was I gifted a lavish bag of goodies, but Julia and youngest grandson, Aidan, spent several hours with us helping with household chores. 



As a result, we now have an oven with working lights, new batteries in the smoke detectors, clean windows and …



My design wall panels have finally been anchored to the wall of my sewing room.  I got the idea on how to go about mounting it from Vivian at Bronx Quilter.  The quilt on it is my Covid Blues quilt that got sidelined some months ago.  It’s time to make it a priority again. 

 

Live -- My 2021 Word

 

Sometimes you have to give up on what you thought life would be like and learn to find the joy in the story you are actually living.  – Rachel Marie Martin


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It was nice to see family wasn't it - I know I enjoyed it too at my house.

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Thank you for sharing my quote. I'm thankful you had a nice Mother's Day.

Rachel Marie Martin
Finding Joy

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a really special day when the family helps out with some of the chores. I'm glad you have your design walls up so you can create even more.

Catherine said...

Mother’s Day here in France is May 30th.
Last year I had some presents and my son in law did an afternoon work for me, which is a nice present!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

COVID Blues is beautiful - love the Blues but I would rename it "The Year of the Blues - 2020". LOL. Hugs - we are getting rain so far 7 inches since the rains started a couple of weeks ago.