Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just An Experiment....

I’ve always felt the ideal way to store spools of thread is on wall racks.  Not only do you get to see your inventory, but the colors are so pretty, they can be an art form in themselves.  Unfortunately, I have no open wall space in my sewing room. 

I've been wasting a lot of time going through drawers just to see if I have the color I need to stitch down a binding or attach a label.  Since I used to be into sewing clothes, I have a lot of colors, if only I could find them.  I decided to try organizing my thread by color in resealable bags and keep them in a basket.  Maybe that will make it easier to see if I have the colors I need.  I would love to hear other ideas.  Please share.

2 comments:

Diane said...

that sounds like a good idea to me. I have mine in plastic bins right now by color but they get messed up sometimes. I'd like to keep them on a wall but I worry about them getting dusty.

Brita said...

It's hard being a thread collector, isn't it? LOL! I posted my thread storage solution on my website today, see if it would help. As for the dusty part, you could easily lay fabric over it if you'd like.