Bob and I made an unplanned trip to the ranch Thursday. We are having issues with feral hogs, and Bob wanted to see what needs to be done. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any sewing projects prepped except one Jane Stickle block to applique.
I knew that wouldn't be enough, so I quickly rounded up some of my smaller batik remnants and printed some Triangulations foundation sheets for two-inch finished half square triangles.
My Jane Stickle quilt is creating lots of small scraps that are too large to throw away and too small for anything other than a scrappy quilt. I think I will end up with enough diversity to be able to use some of the patterns in Edyta Sitar's book, Friendship Triangles. We’ll see where this one goes. No rush, since I have no definite plans, and best of all, no added expense either.
An added bonus was that this gave me an opportunity to play with my Singer 301A, a straight-stitch only machine, which stays at the ranch.