Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Good Week

We've enjoyed a really great week here in Central Texas.  We had well over an inch of rain and the daily high temperatures are in the 70s.


The next quilt to be addressed is the design by Charlotte Angotti, which was one of the three Hawaii Quilt Cruise kits.  It is one of her “Let Me Surprise You” designs that was presented as a mystery.  I absolutely love the fabric selections, and this kit was pre-cut by laser, making the piecing go very quickly to a certain point.  I've already been cautioned by several of my shipmates that the final assembly will require dealing with some very bulky seam intersections.  We’ll see how it goes from here.


The pretty stiletto was one of the gifts from the cruise sponsors, Stitchin' Heaven.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh, what beautiful fabrics! No wonder they had to come home with you. Gorgeous stiletto too!

Happy Monday!


AnnieO said...

Very pretty! I've bought a few kits but none that already had the cutting done--big time saver for sure. The stiletto is a nice perk!

Hilachas said...

OMG! You went on a Quilting Cruise! I missed reading about that. How exciting. I'm so glad you were able to go and that your husband went with you and you had a fabulous time.

Sherrill said...

I just love Charlotte and her "Let Me Surprise You" are always a treat. I did a cruise with Stitchin' Heaven a few yrs ago with the 3 best teachers EVER--Edyta Sitar, Sandy Klop and Lynne Hagemeier (Kansas Troubles). I must admit Edyta and her project were my favorite!!! But so much of the time I think I would've rather have been up by the pool!