Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just Checking In

I find it difficult to believe that I went to a three-day sew-in last week and did not come back with any photos.  My time there was spent paper piecing units from the Carol Doak quilt kit I received during the cruise.  While working at home, I have been marking, sandwiching and basting Pohihihi.  Usually I pin baste quilts.  This is an experiment to see if I like it better.


I have decided to quilt this one on my Janome, since I don’t know when I will have the opportunity to put something on the quilter at the ranch.  During November, it becomes a hunting camp for Bob and his hunting partner.  I try not to disrupt their routine, but I have been invited to join them this morning for a country style egg and bacon brunch.



We are having our first freeze of the season today.  Last week, however, we had very mild, foggy mornings.  I’ve seen lots of spider activity on our morning walks and captured this photo of one heavy with dew.  I’m not a great fan of spiders, especially when they try to take up residence indoors, but their webs are beautiful.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

Me no care for spideys either... however, I do love bedewed spider webs...

Looking forward to hearing out you like quilting a basted quilt... I've only done pin-basting as well and am curious.