Friday, December 27, 2013


We have family visiting during the holidays so sewing has been limited to quick breaks during the activity.  Fortunately, the machine quilting project I have set up lends itself to that kind of work.  In fact, it’s best if I take frequent breaks.  Otherwise, I soon find that my shoulders feel like they are attached to my ears.  For the most part, though, I’m enjoying the process, even if it is a slow one.


One of my holiday splurges for myself was a new Christmas cactus.  I love the color and do so hope that it will thrive in our environment.

My original cactus purchased last year still has a few open blooms, making it truly a Christmas cactus.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is so much fun to have more than one cactus. Since you got the first one to survive I'm sure this one will too.