Monday, February 16, 2015

Texas Tumbleweeds Workshop

The Texas Tumbleweeds workshop with Bonnie Hunter in San Antonio last Friday definitely lived up to all my hopes for a fun day.  There were 24 of us in class, and even though I only knew the two other people who filled last minutes openings from my local club, I felt welcomed and included.  Bonnie is one of those teachers who lavishes attention on all her students, making the day that much more enjoyable.

I was travelling solo thus allowing me lots of room in my hotel room to sew at night.  Here is my set up from the night before the workshop when I was piecing a different project.

Here are two complete blocks from the project.
I also managed to stitch up bits and pieces of several additional units.

Here is a shot of all the blocks made by students that day.

What trip would be complete without a stop (or two) at quilt shops along the way.

…and a couple more souvenirs from the workshop itself.


It was an extravagant mini vacation and I had a great time.  

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I would LOVE to be able to take one of Bonnie's classes. How lucky you were. What a wonderful little getaway.

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great trip/class. Love your blocks and colors for the tumbleweed blocks.

O'Quilts said...

I love to do workshops like that and sew in my room!! Mr. O and I planned more times like that once he retired...He would go to tennis tournaments and I would go antique shopping and sew in my room, then we would meet for dinner. So much fun