Friday, April 3, 2015

A Little Progress


I finally have some progress to show on the project that came out of the workshop with Gyleen Fitzgerald.  I had to be absent during the time she discussed the borders and I also did not have the tool she recommended.  

Eventually I figured out how I could use my Dear Jane ruler to get a similar effect.  Now I am playing with fabric options for borders.  I would love some thoughts on this.  It will be a small wall quilt.


The bluebonnets are getting prettier by the day.  These two pictures came from the cemetery I pass on my walks.  I had to shoot through a chain link fence on an overcast day to get these.  Maybe this weekend I will have better opportunities.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Bright and cheery wall hanging....the border is beautiful. Love your first photo of the bluebonnets.....serene.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a cheerful wall hanging ... love that center especially.

I'd love to see some bluebonnets live and in person some day.