My French General Quilt is nearing completion. The binding is attached and it is ready for the handwork. This picture was taken during the quilting process. An online friend recommended using manila folders as a template, and I gave it a try. It is the low-cost alternative to a curvy ruler and worked great.
Meanwhile, I’m launching into a new project. Not a new quilt, but a clean-out of my sewing closet that has gotten so bad, I can’t even bring myself to post “before” photos. Some scraps will be trimmed to 1 ½, 2, 2 ½ and 3 ½ inch strips as recommended by Gyleen Fitzgerald, Bonnie Hunter, and several other quilters I respect.
Other trimmings I deem too small to be usable will be stuffed into this doggie bed. Sadly, as I was shoving some more in, I was poked by a pin. I never did find it, so one of tomorrow’s tasks will be to empty everything out and remove it. I tried to be careful, but obviously missed one. Since I need to deliver the bed to Quilt Club Wednesday, I have a deadline.
Some items will be donated to the Quilt Club’s Bits ‘N Pieces booth. We have a show coming up in February, so I can start delivering things every month and get them out of my limited storage space. It's hard work, but actually rather fun.
I will be having a milestone birthday November 28, and have promised myself that if I succeed in culling out and organizing my sewing space (and maintaining it); I will treat myself to something especially nice in November. I haven't decided what that might be, so we’ll see how that incentive works. At least I have a start, and I see lots of scrap quilts in my future.