Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hexagons and Rain



My hexagon quilt is growing.  I need to add more to the top and bottom and fill out the corners.  The Kaffe Fasset fabric on the left looks better with this project in real life than it does in the photograph and I am considering it as a border.


After a nice moist fall, we have had an extremely dry winter.  It was so dry, in fact, we had almost decided that El Nino had forgotten us and our area had been put back in the moderate drought category.  That has changed this week.  This forecast week long rain event may prove to be too much of a good thing.  We are already in a flash flood watch.  For the moment, however, I am elated with the turn of events.  It has been a very long time since we saw rain puddles.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hasn't this been a crazy year for weather? it's 70 here today, and the pollen count is on the rise. Glad you are getting rain....hope for no flooding.
Your red hexies are wild and beautiful! I think that is a great border fabric.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Our winter was dry as well, and we're getting rain here too with flash flood warnings issued. Weather has been crazy across most of the country. Love your hexies!

Anonymous said...

What pattern are you using for the hexie quilt??? I love the Kaffe fabric choices. I have quite a few and would like to do something similar!!!!