I worked on my quilter until the bobbin ran out this afternoon and then decided to change gears and play with a different project.
This applique piece has languished much too long. It’s time to add a pieced border so it can be completed. When I finished the center’s applique, I hand washed it to remove the glue basting. To my dismay, the blues ran badly and I was afraid all that work was wasted. Fortunately, I was able to eventually get rid of the stains using color grabbers and Dawn. By that time I was so burned out on the project, I set it aside.
Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson. After pulling possible border fabrics, I prewashed them along with some other batiks.
Here are the color grabbers from those washer loads. Yikes! If they were made of better fabric I could add them to the border.