Sunday, July 31, 2016

Verrrrry Slow Stitching



I’m still working on the class project from the Becky Goldsmith applique workshop.  Her technique is really different from the one I’ve been using.  Not only does she recommend a much shorter needle, she also uses different fingers to manipulate the needle.  It feels like I’m working with 10 thumbs.  I intend to push on with it a little longer and see if it begins to feel normal.  At least I'm doing true needle turn work on this project.



The extended weather forecast indicates this will be a very good week to stay inside and sew.


Slow Sunday Stitching



I'm linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I have watched Becky Goldsmith videos for applique on You Tube. I don't remember anything different about her manipulating the needle. Do you think what you learned about that is of value in doing hand applique?

Jennie in GA said...

Congratulations on your persistence! Practice makes perfect.

Debbie said...

Of course your applique is beautiful no matter what technique you use. Your willingness to learn new methods earns you big points in my book. Heat is about the same here....rough summer

Sarah said...

I've never mastered needle turn appliqué so well done for persevering! Love red from your last post!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have taking a class with Becky before too and I know what you mean. I think if you stick with it, you will find it gets easier over time. I probably need a refresher course on all the details, but I do know that I still hold my work the way she recommended because it's easier on the wrists.