Saturday, January 27, 2018

And the Beat Goes On....

For the past several weeks we have been preoccupied with making and following through with a major life decision.  It’s not a bad or even a particularly sad decision, but it is an irreversible one and requires major cleaning out and disposal of family memorabilia.  Consequently, I’ve little to share on the quilting front, but work does continue on my two primary projects.



My hexagon neutral borders on my Edyta Sitar project continue to grow.  I find this handwork project very soothing at a time when that’s much appreciated.   I have a really hard time letting go of family items, even when my head and heart both agree the time has come to do so.  

This was my workstation during Bonnie Hunter’s most recent QuiltCam.  After a morning spent sorting and rearranging, it was nice to sit down and work along.



My scrappy hexagon project is under the needle on my quilter. 



This is where I procrastinate the most, because I have the least confidence in my skills.  Since the top is so very busy, I decided to go with a simple meander.  I’ve also reconfigured my work space once again in an effort to reduce drag while I work.  I had been browsing Amazon for tables of a particular dimension when I remembered this one tucked away in a closet.  It’s a little longer than ideal and weighs a ton, but should do the job nicely….and it’s totally paid for.



We’ve had a series of very pretty days here.  I saw these water fowl on a recent walk.


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is hard to part with family things - luckily I do not have a lot of it and that I do have doesn't take up a lot of room. One daughter might eventually want some of it the other I'm not so sure about, she tends to toss things when she doesn't want them any more and the only things I know for sure keeps are the quilts I have given them and a doll cradle that was mine and then the girls shared it and then her daughter had it - My grandfather had made it - I am not totally sure if she has it - it isn't a work of art lol, it was cheaply made but with love :)

Quilting Babcia said...

We need to do some of the same cleaning out and disposing, just to reduce an amazing accumulation of clutter over the years. It is definitely a difficult and sometimes heart-wrenching job, and I so sympathize with you. I'm happy to see that you have some hand work to reduce the stress and help you feel productive quilty-wise, even on the busiest of days.

Frog Quilter said...

Your hexi project is looking awesome. Stitching is perfect for stressful situations. Sending you lots of hugs.

Debbie said...

Such a hard thing to do...make decisions to release family things. When we downsized about 12 years ago, I had so much to let go from both families. I get sad occasionally when something triggers a memory, but a few moments of remembering and I can move on. Now, I know at some point my daughter will deal with the same challenge.
The table is just fine for now. You may run across one of the light weight ones....I have three of them. Them fold up and are easy for me to shift around. This is like what I use.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Folding-Table-Foldable-Table-and-TV-Tray-by-Everyday-Home-30-x-20-x-28-Great-for-Laptops/55551518

O'Quilts said...

That parting job is impossible...I told my daughter that when I go, just dump it all...or give it away...it takes way too much energy for me and it is so painful..xo good luck