Monday, February 12, 2018

Guild Quilt Show


Guild Donation Quilt

During the past several weeks my Guild friends and I have been consumed with preparing for our biannual quilt show which was held last weekend.  My assignment during the show was to assist the treasurer in record keeping by being the shepherd of six cash boxes.  That meant I was there well before the doors opened and among the last to leave after the doors closed.  Despite the early arrival of a cold front and a new venue, the show was a success.

Silent Auction

We had a fabulous silent auction.

Boutique

 And a boutique loaded with handmade items.



Since I don’t subscribe to any magazines, I always look forward to our Bits and Pieces area where members have donated anything sewing related they no longer want to hold onto.



Score ($5)!



Of course, I had to visit the vendors as well.


We had 147 gorgeous quilts, but I was so busy once the doors opened, I didn't get any pictures.

The whole weekend was a lot of fun, but oh I was tired when we finally wrapped up.  I treated myself with a trip to the massage therapist today to work out some of the kinks.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that flower bouquet on the first quilt - so lovely. I bet you had fun even though you were working. The last time I was with a guild and I was in charge of one booth I was irritated beyond belief as the 2 that were to work with me on it kept leaving to look at stuff and left me running the booth by myself almost the whole time!

Debbie said...

Wow...that is a show I would have loved I know. I would have needed a shopping cart to haul stuff away that I wanted. What an excellent silent auction selection as well as the boutique.....you must have a large size group to do this. Thanks for sharing.

AnnieO said...

Lots of work but such a wonderful event for quilt lovers. A local guild has their biannual show this year and I look forward to it.