Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Still Clearing Out

A blog post begins with a single key stroke and hopefully a photograph.  As I’ve been engaged more and more with cleaning out the ranch house in anticipation of a sale, it’s become increasingly easy to procrastinate about blogging.  Not that much sewing is happening right now either. 



Here is a tiny bit of the vintage sewing related stuff that came home with me.  The little green tool box belonged to my grandmother and still contains a few of her sewing supplies including paper templates for a quilt pattern.  Hubby tells me that the sewing machine oil is still good.  As far as I know the machine attachments work though I don’t anticipate ever using them.


Our garage is crammed with things we have transferred from the country.   We can still get our cars in it, but it is really hard to negotiate around the stuff we added.  I am determined that I will sort, donate and pitch so that we don’t have to rent storage.  It’s still hard saying goodbye to some things, but I think doing this now is one of the kindest things we can do for our daughter down the road.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

two houses and selling one?

Debbie said...

Love the vintage items you saved! I have a small cabinet filled with those type of treasures, although I do not collect items anymore. I have just a couple items from my Grandmother, so they are just so special to me.
You have inspired me to start on the extra closet and do a big clear out!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is very hard to part with items that have memories but I agree with you, it is better to take care of things now and not pass the burden to the next generation (unless they want it).