Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Finish

Selling a property; sorting through and discarding items held for decades; a trip to see family in South Texas. Life certainly can play havoc with planned activities.



At long last, I can call this project finished.  I’ve named it “I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends” as it contains many gifted fabrics plus a few obtained dumpster diving at Guild retreats.  It measures approximately 54 X 66 inches and the bow tie blocks finish at 2 inches.  I think I began this project in January 2016.

I have also completed 21 anti-ouch pouches so far in 2018.  I need to get busy if I’m going to meet my personal goal of 100 this year.



Our trip to South Texas to spend time with a Wisconsin relative who winters at a resort there was a lot of fun.  We arrived to a 102 degree temperature.  The next morning temps had dropped by 60+ degrees.  I kept hoping I would meet the driver of this golf cart, but never did.  We quilters are every where!




While there, however, I visited a huge flea market and came home with these treasures. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been gone for awhile, I wondered what you had been up to - the bow tie quilt turned out great

Debbie said...

I would recognize that bowtie quilt anywhere! Perfect name for a friends quilt. It turned out fabulous. Glad you are okay as it has been a while. You got some great goodies to bring home.
Know this time has been stressful but glad you are home.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your bowtie quilt is just amazing and is a masterpiece. 2" blocks had to be a challenge.

O'Quilts said...

wow...great finish..congrats on the lovely one.