Friday, March 30, 2018

An Acquisition….and It’s Not Another Machine!



I don’t think I will ever be finished tweaking my sewing space.  This past week I finally did something I have been thinking about for quite some time.

I got rid of this clunky old television which I never watched and the base it was sitting on.



…and replaced it with this tool chest from a local  building supply store. I got the idea from exploring sewing room ideas online. 



It’s not very pretty, but has several redeeming features:  It’s mobile, provides a lot of storage, and it’s large enough to hold my big ironing surface.  I’m still in the process of organizing it but have already moved my cutting dies to the large top drawer. I think it was a good change, especially since I prefer listening to audio books while sewing rather than having something on television.




It doesn’t look like we’re going to have as prolific a year as some, but the wildflowers are beginning their show.  I love this time of year.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had never thought of using a big tool table but that is good you can fit your big ironing board on top! I would have gotten rid of the old tv too

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That looks like good storage and sturdy to boot for the ironing surface. Being on wheels you can change the room around easier if you need to.

Debbie said...

What a great solution and storage idea! Love it. Our spring is slowly waking up the flowers too. Trees are budding so allergy time for me. Happy Easter!

Frog Quilter said...

Love thinking outside the box. ANYTHING can be used for our purposes! You go girl!!!!

Hilachas said...

Great idea to replace that tv with the marvelous tool cabinet. I too, listen to audio books while I sew. Enjoy your fabulous ironing surface as well.