Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Little Progress






I have finally reached the point where I think the center of this hand-pieced, hexagon top is done.  The next time I have a chance to visit a quilt shop, I will try to find a border fabric for it.  The design is from one of Edyta Sitar's books, but I am opting not to do the suggested applique border.



Once a hexagon piece has been totally surrounded by others, you can remove the paper.  I surely made a mess doing this!



Meanwhile, I’ve pin-basted this project and begun outlining the applique.  I really like this piece.



This has been the view from our back porch for a couple of weeks.  Much needed maintenance to the golf cart trail is happening at last. 


Twenty-three anti-ouch pouches are going with me to guild meeting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations on the hexies!! I too as you know skipped the applique border and I was glad I did or I would be working on it for 2 more years at least - instead on the recent cold spells that we have had off and on this past month I have been able to enjoy the warmth over my legs at night

Hilachas said...

Look at you, doing that fabulous job on your hexie quilt. WTG! I love how it’s looking.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think an applique border would be distracting and the top right now is very interesting and has lots to look at.

Debbie said...

Fabulous, Mary. It is a beauty and I agree sometimes more is just not needed. Love the next applique!