Saturday, May 19, 2018

It's Been a While!

Long time, no post; but I have a good excuse.  We have just returned from a 19-day, 5,017-mile car trip from Texas to Oregon and back with many side trips and stops.  I added Idaho, Utah and Oregon to the list of states I have visited.  The occasion for the trip was my godson's wedding, and it was fairly last minute before we determined that we could go.

So, no machine work for several weeks, but a lot of English paper piecing occurred during those long hauls between stops.  Here is my pile of basted and partially pieced hexies.  They measure ¾ inch per side.



And, here is the layout I plan to eventually use.  Many of these fabrics are leftovers from my Edyta Sitar project and I anticipate it will be a number of years before I have enough to make even a small throw size quilt.  Looks like 2018 is the year of red and white for me.



I also managed to visit two quilt shops along the way.  Here is the stash enhancement that came home with me.




I'm so glad we were able to attend the wedding and the trip as a whole was lovely, but it is so very nice to be home again.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

A whole lot of road time for that many miles! But your red and white hexies look great and the design will be fun. So glad you enjoyed the trip and wedding. Home is always sweet to return to.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lot of miles and it sure is a time to do hexies if one wishes, so easy to work on while traveling. we will be putting some miles on our motorhome two separate times this summer and I will try to finish a applique center for a quilt I am working on in the down time at campgrounds.
Did you post a photo of the last hexie quilt you were making I don't remember seeing the finish

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the layout of your new hexie quilt. I love zig zag layouts.

Hilachas said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip. When we travel, I like to sew on those little hexies as well. I know what you mean about “great to be home.”