Sunday, May 27, 2018

Quilting Weather, Maybe?


We had our first 100-degree day yesterday, an event which normally occurs in July.  It was a record breaker.  Here is the extended forecast for our area.  We are reaching that time when I want to limit outdoor activities to early morning and late evening whenever possible.




My collection of red and neutral hexagons is growing.  



These are pieced in units of 3 red and 3 neutral but are not in their final layout.  Not only do I need a bazillion more; I also want more prints.

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Those look very doable in sets of three. It will be wonderful when finished.... How many months?...lol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And I thought it was hot here in northern IL at 97 degrees today and 98 predicted for tomorrow.

Debbie said...

Ugh...if you got the heat then it will move our way soon. Yes, it is the time of year to stay inside. The heat really affects me now.
Love your hexie project.....what size are they? And do you want me to send some scraps to you?

AnnieO said...

Yikes, that’s a lot of triple digit weather! I’m so hoping our summer heat will include a lot less humidity this year. Hexies everywhere!

O'Quilts said...

Goodness you make good use of that weather in the sewing room....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been amazed at the hot weather we received just as we are at the beginning of our trip - 98 yesterday in Illinois the whole weekend and today in the 90's and then thank you so much back to normal - 70-80 for this part of Wisconsin and Minnesota will be cooler!