Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Test Blocks

I have been playing with my red and white fabrics as I plan for a quilt retreat later this summer.  This weekend I completed two test blocks of a double nine-patch pattern.  I am still trying to figure out how to work pressing the seams so the blocks will nest. These don’t.




We woke up Tuesday morning to the wonderful sound of rain, a rare occurrence this time of year and our temperature maxed at 98 degrees.  It was the first day below 100 after a 15-day string.  So, today I am very grateful for the much-needed moisture and slightly cooler temps. 


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful reds!!!! This will be quite striking. Pressing always messes me up. Looks like you are not always going to press to the dark, probably more to the larger squares. Still a great project in 2 color.
Rain....we are getting it also. I love the heat break but the humidity is a bear. This has been a strange year for weather.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pressing can be so difficult at times - I will think I have it right and then have to change it - sometimes pressing open is the only thing that works when there are many seams.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you always press toward the larger squares that should make seams going in opposite directions in the 2 kinds of blocks as long as you are always alternating them.